Finding a way to understand what your husband does at work has been a learning process. You started out by telling people that he wrote code for nearly all of the automatic telling machines (ATMS) in the world. In fact, your husband once told you that even today, some 25 years later from that first job, 90% of all card swipe touch software that he coded. Today, his position with an IT service provider is more managerial than anything else, but he still gets to code every now and then. He insists that his current job is his favorite because with this role in the IT service provider platform, he is able to see the whole spectrum. The end result and the beginning of the process.
IT support services play a number of roles in the country. From payment services to medical records processing, there is hardly anything that we do that does not require IT support services at one point or another. Whether or not you understand all of the details that are involved in managed IT services or not, it is important to know that they help us live our every day lives. In fact, in this digital age, it is impossible to imagine going through a single day without the help of informational technology.
Is Your Job Part of the Informational Technology Field?
Many people play small roles in what is an enormous IT field. Knowing that you help with bank financing or medical records may sometimes seem monotonous, but the fact of the matter is that without your small part, the entire IT network would struggle. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that the IT industry impacts our everyday lives as well as the nation’s economy:
- 54% of companies report that they have experienced IT downtime from a single event that lasted more than eight hours.
- 31% of IT services have been outsourced, according to Deloitte’s 2016 Global Outsourcing Survey.
- In contrast to the fact that only 50% of businesses are using cloud-based technology, 96% of businesses report that they have a disaster recovery solution.
- 66% of businesses surveyed used an outside IT firm in the previous year, according to a 2015 survey report.
- 58% of all businesses are worried about cyber attacks.
- Worldwide IT spending is projected to reach $3.7 trillion in 2018, according to the latest forecast by Gartner.
Even if you work in the IT field it may be difficult to understand all of the ways that your work affects a large variety of fields. As the nation comes to terms with some of the data breaches that have occurred in the last few years, it only makes sense that there will be a continued need for new safeguards and vetting systems. IT service providers will continue to provide important services to the entire nation.