Web design is one of the most important aspects of establishing a brand online and maintaining a successful digital marketing campaign. Many people don’t realize just how important web design really is, even though it influences a great deal of what we sell, what we buy, and why we buy it! Take a look at the following statistics and you’ll get an idea about how important the web design process really is:
- According to Forrester Reports, design is one of the most important parts of a successful business website. It’s estimated that at least $1 trillion is spent online or in-store because customers were influenced by what they saw or learned about a business online.
- When someone lands on your website, it takes around three seconds for that person to form an opinion about your business based solely on how your website looks. People rarely even realize that they’re doing this because it happens so quickly.
- After 10 seconds, visitors will have decided if they really want to engage with your business. It may not even take 10 seconds for a person to arrive on a site, get a bad impression of the business, and choose to leave the site.
- If you don’t think design is the most influential part of a website, this might surprise you: people generally only read about 25% of written content on any given webpage. This means that they’re getting a lot more information about businesses through multi-media content than they are through written content.
- Mobile web is becoming much more important in the industry of web design. 62% of businesses that have developed websites specifically for mobile device users reported seeing increased sales numbers, and 48% of consumers say that they’ll leave a website if it isn’t working well on a mobile device.
Until you see web design as part of the bigger picture, it’s easy to assume that it’s not necessarily important for web marketing or for building a brand image. In reality, website design should be the foundation for any branding or marketing campaign a business starts!