If your business is going to succeed, you need to have a good website; and that website has to pop up in searches. Since 2007, Apple alone has sold over 85 million iPhones, and now mobile traffic accounts for 10% of all that’s going on over the Internet. This means that search, and mobile-friendly search in particular, is key to being noticed. Whatever your web design, how can you improve website SEO? How can you get your SEO marketing right? There’s a lot to it, but here are the top eight tips to get you on the right track to an SEO-friendly website design.
- Hire the right SEO services. This is the most important thing you can do to improve website SEO and the thing you should do right now. That’s because SEO is a complicated and constantly changing field and keeping abreast of all the changes is going to be very hard for anyone who can’t give it all their time and attention.
- Provide useful content on your site. You’ve got to keep updating, but those updates have to be meaningful. A full 57% of businesses have already gotten at least one new customer through their company blog. You need to drive traffic to your site, but then you still need people to stay for a while and keep coming back. Fresh, interesting, or helpful information will do both those things.
- You need images, and they need to be optimized. When your pictures are too big, it takes them forever to load. When your website doesn’t load quickly, guess what happens? People click away, and they do it very fast. If a site doesn’t load in about five seconds or so, you’re done for. This is especially true when it comes to mobile. Over 60% of customers who go to a site and find it unfriendly to mobile devices will go to a competitor’s site instead.
- Woo your customers, don’t scream at them. People do not like intrusive advertising. They don’t want your website to yell at them. They also don’t like irrelevant ads, so one way to improve website SEO is to make sure everything people see is relevant to your site and to them. That means leveraging the power of big data, which is another reason you need a search engine marketing firm.
- Back up everything you say. Whenever you blog about something or make any kind of claim on your site, be sure to back it up with outbound links to credible research proving you didn’t just make that stuff up. Not only will this make your site more credible: it’ll also boost your SEO cred because solid incoming and outbound links are key to establishing authority online.
- Make sure it’s easy for people to contact you. Few things are more frustrating than being unable to find contact information when you need it, whether it’s the email address you need, a telephone number, a social media link, or a physical address. Also, hard-to-find contact info destroys your SEO rankings, so make sure it’s easy for people to find out how to connect with you.
- Make it simple for people to share your information. Few things will drive your SEO like making it simple for people to share posts or photos on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr. and other social media sites. You can also increase your sharability by releasing a link to new content on all your social media sites whenever you update the site.
- Do keywords the right way. You need keywords in order to rank high in an internet search, but you also need to use your keywords carefully. Too many and your site will appear spammy, which will tank your SEO rankings. Make sure that your keywords fit naturally into a sentence, and to really improve website SEO use long-tail keywords: i.e., short phrases that people actually type into search engines.
These are just a few of the things you can do to improve website SEO and ultimately your bottom line. Get help from professional SEO services and get your website rankings up.
Trackback from your site.